Inside Sales Manager
Next Exit Logistics is a 14-year-old third-party logistics provider and management business specializing in flatbed, heavy hauls and complex logistics. Next Exit Logistics offers customized solutions for specialized shipping and freight transport needs. Our unmatched ability to successfully manage heavy haul shipments services on a regional and transcontinental scale makes us one of the top logistics and freight companies in the country.
About the Role:
The ideal candidate is an extraordinary communicator, to include being highly responsive to prospects, clients, team members and vendors. The Inside Sales Manager is responsible for clear solutions and all logistics related to shipments being handled successfully. This position is an experienced expert in understanding the market, daily fluctuations in price, and ultimately choosing and winning bids to meet or exceed quota. This experienced Manager effectively collaborates, plans, delegates, trains, coaches, and provides mentorship to all members of the team. The inside sales manager is focused on the entire team winning and focuses on supporting individuals in exceeding their measures of success. The successful candidate is a learner and facilitates learning on the team. This role acts as a key partner to the President and relieves President of day-to-day managerial duties and daily functions.
- 4+ years of relevant sales or account management experience, ideally in a B2B role.
- 3 + years Management experience. Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study ideal.
- Prior sales and/or operations experience in the logistics or shipping industry
- Excellence in management with the ability to coach employees to manage and develop high-performance teams.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Logical and analytical, decisive decision maker with the ability to prioritize and communicate to staff key objectives and tactics necessary to achieve team goals.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent people skills.
- Action-oriented, flexible, and innovative approach to management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point), and Adobe Suite.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and grow client relationships
- Exceptional relationship-building skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Obsessed with customer service and adding value whenever possible
- Formal or informal management training to include leadership training, coaching skills, giving feedback, managing and measuring work, managerial courage, delegation, developing reports, strategic planning, project management, hiring, team building.
Complexities and Conditions of Employment:
This position maintains and handles confidential information of its clients, and the utmost care must be taken to assure documents and information are secure. Physical requirements may require the following abilities:
- to sit, stand, stoop, kneel and occasionally move up to 20 pounds,
- manual dexterity to operate a computer keyboard on a daily basis,
- stamina to sit for extended periods of time, lift or carry printed materials, and
- vision sufficient to read a monitor, printed text and hand written documents,
- effectively communicates in person and via the telephone.
So, what’s in it for you?
- Competitive Annual Salary (commensurate with experience)
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Health Reimbursement Account for medical, dental and vision
- IRA with company contributions
- The opportunity to come in on the ground floor of an established and growing business, be an essential part of a small team, and make a huge impact on the success of the business.