Office Manager with Organizational Superpowers
Do you enjoy working in a fun, open, engaging setting with a small team? Are you the detail master that can hold a team together? Do you want to put your top-notch organizational superpowers to good use at an established and growing business? Then we might just be perfect for each other!
Next Exit Logistics is a 14-year-old third-party logistics provider and management business specializing in flatbed, heavy hauls and complex logistics. Next Exit Logistics offers customized solutions for specialized shipping and freight transport needs. Our unmatched ability to successfully manage heavy haul shipments services on a regional and transcontinental scale makes us one of the top logistics and freight companies in the country.
About the Role:
The Office Manager proactively coordinates all operations of the business, setting the team up to win each day. The successful candidate strategizes and asks questions to help the company become more efficient and organized, while documenting all processes within the organization. This role handles all customer service issues and makes appropriate decisions when President is not available. The Office Manager assists the President in running the business and is responsible for hiring, onboarding, Human Resource compliance, reporting and personnel issues. This role continuously tweaks and revises processes, and truly takes ownership in the multiple tasks pertaining to their role. This candidate will be responsible for managing the President’s calendar, account reporting, and assisting the President in email management. The administrator will be responsible for working with third party vendors, while maintaining a high level of confidentiality. The Office Manager has a broad companywide knowledge base and understanding of the organization, taking responsibility for collaboration internally within our team. The successful candidate is a highly organized, motivated, and proactive individual that enjoys getting into the granular levels of detail with a solution-driven focus.
- College degree is ideal, and applicable experience is prioritized.
- Minimum of 5 years of high-level administrative experience, including Office Management in a small business setting.
- Previous exposure and demonstrated knowledge of Human Resource management a must.
- Previous exposure and demonstrated experience with creating systems and processes is a must.
- Capable of working independently, with minimal direction.
- Must be organized with time management skills.
- Possesses the ability to learn new skills and tools quickly.
- Demonstrated experience in providing superior and professional client and vendor service.
- Excellent communicator, in both written and verbal form.
- Independent and self-motivated, with a strong sense of self.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Basic accounting experience (able to read and understand the balance sheet and profit and loss statement)
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to communicate with clients, prospects, employees, and other partners with utmost professionalism.
- Models managerial courage.
- Our offices are walking distance to the Trinity Groves area of Dallas, Texas
Complexities and Conditions of Employment:
This position maintains and handles confidential information of our clients, so the utmost care must be taken to assure documents and information are secure. Physical requirements include keyboarding, being in front of a computer monitor for long periods, driving a motor vehicle to our office/vendor locations, and handwriting.
So, what’s in it for you?
- Competitive Annual Salary (commensurate with experience)
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Health Reimbursement Account for medical, dental and vision
- IRA Retirement with company contributions
- The opportunity to come in on the ground floor of an established and growing business, be an essential part of a small team, and make a huge impact on the success of the business.