Open Deck Carrier Specialist
Do you enjoy working in a fun, open, engaging setting with a small team? Then we might just be perfect for each other!
Next Exit Logistics is a 14-year-old third-party logistics provider and management business specializing in flatbed, heavy hauls and complex logistics. Next Exit Logistics offers customized solutions for specialized shipping and freight transport needs. Our unmatched ability to successfully manage heavy haul shipments services on a regional and transcontinental scale makes us one of the top logistics and freight companies in the country.
About the Role:
The role of the Open Deck Carrier Specialist is to collaborate and plan daily with Account rep and Sales Manager to identify key needs and requirements of client and their shipment. The Open Deck Carrier Specialist is responsible for implementing and monitoring each part of that plan. At the heart of their success is their ability to research vendors, understand vendor capacities and strengths, build relationships with vendors, and successfully match vendors to the right clients and shipments. This position requires the ability to be accurate and highly organized coupled with the ability to connect with people through excellent communication. The Open Deck Carrier Specialist is a team player and understands their critical role in the success of the team.
- 2-3 years Sales experience is required, and a College Degree is ideal.
- Demonstrates strong organizational skills, written and oral communication skills, initiative, and the ability to work well within a team, as well as independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel) is required.
- Demonstrated ability to pay close attention to detail and provide consistent follow-through is required.
Complexities and Conditions of Employment:
This position maintains and handles confidential information of its clients, and the utmost care must be taken to assure documents and information are secure. Physical requirements may require the following abilities:
- to sit, stand, stoop, kneel and occasionally move up to 20 pounds,
- manual dexterity to operate a computer keyboard on a daily basis,
- stamina to sit for extended periods of time, lift or carry printed materials, and
- vision sufficient to read a monitor, printed text and hand written documents,
- effectively communicates in person and via the telephone.
So, what's in it for you?
- Competitive Annual Salary (commensurate with experience)
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Health Reimbursement Account for medical, dental and vision
- IRA with company contributions
- The opportunity to come in on the ground floor of an established and growing business, be an essential part of a small team, and make a huge impact on the success of the business.