Part Time Accountant position – Hours are flexible once trained
Do you enjoy working in a fun, open, engaging setting with a small team? Are you the detail master that thinks reconciling bank statements is fun? Then we might just be perfect for each other!
Next Exit Logistics is a 14-year-old third-party logistics provider and management business specializing in flatbed, heavy hauls and complex logistics. Next Exit Logistics offers customized solutions for specialized shipping and freight transport needs. Our unmatched ability to successfully manage heavy haul shipments services on a regional and transcontinental scale makes us one of the top logistics and freight companies in the country.
About the Role:
The Part Time Accountant sets the accounting team up to win each day by providing accurate and timely accounting functions to meet weekly, monthly, and quarterly needs. The successful candidate is a highly organized, precise, and proactive individual that enjoys getting into the granular levels of detail with a solution-driven focus.
- Closing out month end.
- Reconciling accounts
- Ensure compliance with accounting principles
- Accounting or Business degree (required.)
- Advanced QuickBooks training.
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience in a small business setting.
- Capable of working independently with minimal direction.
- Organized with time management skills.
- Possesses the ability to learn new skills and tools quickly.
- Demonstrated experience in providing superior and professional client and vendor service.
- Excellent communicator in both written and verbal form.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite.
- Ability to communicate with clients and other partners with utmost professionalism.
- Our offices are walking distance to the Trinity Groves area of Dallas, Texas.
Complexities and Conditions of Employment:
This position maintains and handles confidential information of our clients, so the utmost care must be taken to assure documents and information are secure. Physical requirements include keyboarding, being in front of a computer monitor for long periods, driving a motor vehicle to our office/vendor locations, and handwriting.